Learn more about the Pleiger Group
The Paul Pleiger Maschinenfabrik was founded in 1925 by Paul Pleiger in Sprockhövel, Germany. The company initially manufactured compressed air valves and fittings for the mining sector. A few years later, the company also started to manufacture pneumatic mining pumps. In 1937 the mechanical production was started in the newly acquired facility in Witten-Herbede.
In the 1950s, during the period of extensive economic growth in Germany, the company broadened its product range to include components for hydraulics like radial piston motors and actuators as well as control valves and eventually centrifugal pumps for wastewater. Simultaniously, the company started the production of plastics and was a pioneer as a processor of polyurethane cast elastomers. In the years that followed, divisions for electronic technology and laser optics were founded.
The development of new markets, the creation of new products and the overseas expansion led to significant growth. With three sites in Germany and production facilities in China, South Korea and the USA, the now strongly diversified company split its existing divisions into separate companies in 1996.
Pleiger combines the innovative drive of a high-tech German manufacturer with the tradition of a family-owned business. Pleiger’s long-term vision is reflected in its own vocational education center in Witten and its commitment to research and development. Pleiger stands for reliability and innovation and is well positioned in the global market.
The Pleiger Group includes meanwhile 15 independent companies, which develop and manufacture you wishes with outstanding quality, absolute reliability and a high level of competence.
Pleiger Laseroptik GmbH & Co. KG is known as an innovative High-Tech company in the optical industry. We are a reliable suppiler for coatings and optics.